Monday 19 September 2011

Philosophy 'Help Me' Retinol Night Treatment

I started using this treatment six months ago, halfway through my second tube now and very pleased, to the extent I can confidently state that this product, actually WORKS! ^^
 Pros:

- A little goes a long way, one tube lasted me over three months, applying the product practically every evening
- Quick results, I got many compliments on my skin's texture and "glow". 
- No irritation whatsoever for my acne-prone skin. Although I would recommend getting a sample or smaller tube first, in case you experience a negative reaction to retinol.
- Overall skin appearance improved, acne scars and fine lines significantly faded.
- Like I said... compared to other "miraculous" products, this one actually worked. If your skin can handle retinol, you'll love it!

Cons:
- Waxy texture, may cause irritation to some skin types. Didn't experience any pore-clogging, but I don't know if this is related to using the clarisonic on a daily basis.
- Didn't do much for my sunspots, although one considerably faded, I can still see it.

Directions:
- Like the product says, its best to use this at night, unless you want to fry your skin.
- Also, since retinol causes sensitivity to sunlight, I would highly recommend getting a moisturizer with sunblock for daytime use.
- Avoid using toners with salycilic acid prior to this, or any other acids whatsoever... too much exfoliation would have adverse effects and prevent the product from working.


Final thoughts:

Definitely a holy grail product for me.

10/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...